Dr. Sandra Steingraber will be joined by a panel of experts and activists to discuss the intersectionalities of climate change and the future of environmental activism in the current political climate, with a special focus on local initiatives. Dr. Steingraber is a distinguished scholar in residence at Ithaca College. She is a biologist, author, and activist. This event is part of IC Sustainability Week.
How are fossil fuels a human rights issue? How is the climate crisis driving refugee crises in Muslim nations? How do U.S. military leaders view climate change? How does climate activism intersect with the struggle for racial justice? What of the economic promises of renewable energy? And how can we join the upcoming March for Science and Climate March?
· Race & Poverty - Anthony Rogers-Wright (climate justice leader)
· Children’s Rights - Lisa Marshall (community organizer, Mothers Out Front - Finger Lakes)
· National Security - Colleen Boland (military veteran)
· Muslim Issues - Mahad Olad (Ithaca College student)
· Economics - Peter Bardaglio (Tompkins County Climate Protection Initiative (TCCPI))
Free and open to the public