Second Annual Foxprowl-Con in Batavia, NY Hosts Celebrity Guests and Family Fun!
Local con event brings celebrity guests, panel discussions, contests, and more
Batavia, N.Y. – Foxprowl Collectables, a toy and comic book store at 97 Main St, Batavia, NY, is hosting its’ second Foxprowl-Con on Friday, Nov. 18 through Sunday, Nov. 20, 2016. Taking place at the Quality Inn and Suites in Batavia, NY, this exclusive weekend event will have appearances by movie and comic book celebrities, games and activities, over 60 panel discussions, life-size prop replicas, contests, and much more.
• Mark Dodson – Voice Actor from Star Wars: Return Of The Jedi and The Force Awakens, as well as the Gremlins movies
• Ari Lehman – Jason Vorhees form the original Friday The 13th movie
• Hanna Hall – Jenny from Forrest Gump (who said the famous line “Run Forrest run!”), and Rob Zombies’ Halloween
• Rashaad Santiago – Faceoff season 6 champion
• Bill Diamond – Puppeteer who worked on the Dark Crystal, the Muppets, Fraggle Rock, Sesame Street, and Dr Rock’s Dinosaur Adventures
• Lydia Criss – Author of “Sealed With A KISS”, former wife of Peter Criss
• Steve Geiger and Kurt Lehner – Marvel Comic artists
Entertainment and Activities:
• Ookla the Mok: Rock Music for Nerds! Ookla the Mok have been playing catchy powerpop songs about Super-Heroes and Star Trek at science fiction and comic book conventions since the 90s. They wrote and performed the theme to Disney's Fillmore, and had Dr. Demento's most requested song of the year in 2012 and 2013. Song titles include favorites like "Tantric Yoda," "Welcome to the Con," and "Stop Talking About Comic Books or I'll Kill You"
• Troupe Nisaa Bellydancers: This troupe dances various styles of bellydance from classic Egyptian style and tribal style with influences from other styles thrown into the mix. They will be performing and also hosting free mini-classes
• Rochester Ghostbusters costuming group: Have you and your children’s pictures taken with the Ghostbusters, as well as life size props
• Star Wars 501st costuming groups: Have your picture taken with various Star Wars characters from Garrison Excelsior, the North Ridge and the R2-D2 Builders Club
• Ninja Turtles: (Friday only) Buffalos Best Turtles will pose with you for pictures
• DMon Productions: Free Zombie Makeovers for children and adults
• Experience Entertainment: Bringing life-size prop replicas of the Tardis from Doctor Who, a Weeping Angel, Silence, Empty Child, Michonne’s Walkers and more
• Board Game playing: Collectors Inn will host an area of free board games to play
• Large Dealer / Vendor Rooms: Many local and out of state artists and vendors will have their merchandise for sale, including toys, comics, jewelry, clothing, electronics, original artwork, prints and much more
Foxprowl-Con will be held at the Quality Inn and Suites, 8250 Park Rd, Batavia, NY 14020 on Friday, Nov. 18 – Sunday, Nov. 20. All ages are welcome, and families encouraged. A schedule of events, activities, cosplay/costume contest information and panel discussions during the Con can be found at www.foxprowlcon.com.
Tickets are on sale now for $10-20 for a single day pass and $30 for the weekend. Kids 12 and under are free with paid adult. VIP Passes are available for $80 and give the holder special privileges at the Con, including early admission to the event and to celebrity panels, express pass for all lines, and access to limited edition items. Tickets can be purchased online or at the Foxprowl Collectables store at 97 Main St, Batavia, NY.
About Foxprowl Collectables & Foxprowl-Con
Foxprowl Collectables is a unique toy and collectable headquarters for action figures, comics, and pop culture items. For the second year, the store is hosting Foxprowl-Con – an event honoring the TV, movie, and comic book worlds adored by fans who visit the store. For more information or to purchase tickets for the event go to http://www.foxprowlcon.com, email email@example.com, or call (585) 415-1173.