John Simon | Posted 4 months ago.
Bad Moon Rising - Thea Gilmore [nouveau folk cover of CCR classic]
Fortunate Son - Bang Data [cool cover of CCR classic from "Quiero Creedence" compilation]
Revolution - The Beatles [mono 45 version]
* Eve Of Destruction - Barry McGuire [two separate callers requested it]
Something In The Air - Thunderclap Newman ["call out the instigators...."]
End Of The Innocence - Don Henley [feat. Bruce Hornsby on piano and Wayne Shorter on horn]
The Way It Is - Bruce Hornsby & The Range [groundbreaking debut single from the mid-Eighties]
Peace Train - Richie Havens [tasty cover of the Cat Stevens classic]
* Save The Country - Laura Nyro [original Columbia single version]
Saturn - Stevie Wonder [peace anthem from "Songs In The Key Of Life"]
* Mr. Big Stuff - Jean Knight [this song suddenly has a whole new meaning to me]
Everybody Wants To Rule The World - Tears For Fears [first of three singles from "Songs From The Big Chair"]
When I'm President - Ian Hunter [released shortly after Pres. Obama's second inauguration]
Mean Things Happenin' In This World - Blackfire [Native American punk version of the Woody Guthrie song]
I Am A Patriot - Jackson Browne [from "Lives In The Balance"]
We Take Care Of Our Own - Bruce Springsteen [from "Wrecking Ball"]
For What It's Worth - Buffalo Springfield [1967 single]
People Have The Power - Patti Smith [1979 single]
* Monster - Steppenwolf [1969 medley: "Monster/Suicide/America," requested by two separate listeners]
* Wooden Ships - Crosby Stills & Nash [post-apocalyptic fairy tale co-written by Stills, Crosby and Paul Kantner]
* Shouldn't Have Took More Than You Gave - Dave Mason
* A Apolitical Blues - Little Feat
Talkin' 'Bout a Revolution - Tracy Chapman
Call It Democracy - Bruce Cockburn [radio edit]
* Mercedes Benz - Janis Joplin [a populist jibe requested on her birthday]
The Ghost Of Tom Joad - Bruce Springsteen
Youngstown - Bruce Springsteen [a populist double-shot from the "Ghost of Tom Joad" album]
Devotion - Earth, Wind & Fire
WVBR is an independent, non-profit commercial radio station broadcasting from Ithaca, New York to the Counties of Tompkins, Tioga, Cortland, Cayuga, Seneca, Schuyler, and Chemung.
© Cornell Media Guild, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.